This community of practice will consider current practice, governance effectiveness and actions to aid improvement of your organisational vision. By the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key roles and legal responsibilities of committee/board members
- Explore good practice principles considering the recruitment, retention and succession planning of committee/board members
- Share top tips on how to effectively govern their organisation
Who is this suitable for? (List not exhaustive)
- Trustees including the chair and treasurer
- Other committee members or senior leaders in an organisation
- Group leaders who are looking to incorporate their organisation
- Other people invested in running their organisations effectively
- Represent a club or community organisation based in England
- Be a minimum of at least 16 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Have access to a laptop/tablet to attend the virtual session. A smartphone is accepted but functionality may be limited
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions, conductive to learning
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering so we can support you.
How will it be delivered?
This session is a live classroom, facilitated by a tutor, where a group of delegates share a common problem or an interest in a topic and come together to share practice, create new knowledge and explore solutions.
How long is the training?
The session usually lasts for a maximum of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How much does it cost?
The cost of this community of practice is free.
What are others saying?
“A good opportunity to listen to other sports about how they do things and what work's and doesn't work for them”
When is the next course?
Available dates can be found below. Please register your interest if there are no suitable dates.
Are you looking to run this training for your organisation?
Please visit our training request page to explore how we can deliver and bespoke this training free for your organisation.
Email Clubmatters@sportstructures.com with any questions you may have about Club Matters training courses.