This workshop helps clubs and organisations to take away actions that will help them to become more welcoming, friendly, accessible and inclusive which will benefit everyone. This approach not only helps groups of people who find it hard to engage but also helps clubs and organisations generally to attract and retain more participants and volunteers. By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the barriers people face in accessing opportunities as participants and volunteers
- Understand the need for positive action
- Outline the building blocks of an inclusive club/organisation
- Identify how your club can create a more positive environment that would enable a diverse range of people to be engaged and retained as participants and volunteers.
Who is this suitable for? (List not exhaustive)
- Committee members of community organisations or sports clubs
- Those responsible for recruiting participants and volunteers
- Other people invested in running their organisations effectively
- Represent a club or community organisation based in England
- Be a minimum of at least 16 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Have access to a laptop/tablet to attend the virtual session. A smartphone is accepted but functionality may be limited
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions, conductive to learning
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering so we can support you
How will it be delivered?
This workshop is a virtual classroom where the tutor provides information and interactive opportunities for delegates to engage. This could include using the chat box, break out room activities or general discussion.
How long is the training?
The session usually lasts for a maximum of 2 hours. Bite-size workshops are also available (1 hour in duration).
How much does it cost?
The cost of this workshop is free.
What are others saying?
“Really inspiring to talk to people doing such great things and lots to take away”
“Well delivered, made me think”
When is the next course?
Available dates can be found below. Please register your interest if there are no suitable dates.
Are you looking to run this training for your organisation?
Please visit our training request page to explore how we can deliver and bespoke this training free for your organisation.
Email Clubmatters@sportstructures.com with any questions you may have about Club Matters training courses.