- Workshop overview
All the data shows us that stubborn inequalities exist in sport, and certain groups of people face more barriers than others to participate.
We know that the huge disruption of 2020 has further reinforced or exacerbated these inequalities, particularly for people with disabilities or long term health conditions, people from lower socio economic groups and people from ethnically diverse communities.
This workshop is a great starting point and we hope it helps clubs to take away actions that will help them to become more welcoming, friendly, accessible and inclusive which will benefit everyone. This approach not only helps groups of people who find it hard to engage with sports clubs, but also helps clubs generally to attract and retain more participants and volunteers.
By the end of this online workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Identify the barriers people face in accessing club opportunities as participants and volunteers.
- Understand the need for positive action.
- Outline the building blocks of an inclusive club.
- Identify how your club can create a more positive environment that would enable a diverse range of people to be engaged and retained as participants and volunteers.
Delegates must be:
- a minimum of least 16 years of age
- able to communicate effectively in English
- representing an English club or organisation.
In order to access this workshop online, delegates will be required to:
- Have access to a laptop or tablet. A smartphone device is accepted but functionality can be limited. The device must have access to a microphone as the sessions will be interactive.
- Have good WIFI access
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions which is conducive to learning
- Be able to log into the workshop 10 minutes ahead of the designated start time.
- If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering for the workshop so we can support you.
- Book onto a workshop
Book onto a workshop