This workshop aims to support clubs and organisations to ensure that volunteers feel recognised, rewarded and part of a team. It will explore the importance of culture and strategies for retention. By the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within a club and community environment
- Identify how to develop the volunteer's experience
- Identify top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve their club volunteer experience
- Understand how to access further information to help improve the volunteer experience
Who is this suitable for? (List not exhaustive)
- Committee members of community organisations or sports clubs
- Other people invested in running their organisations effectively
- Represent a club or community organisation based in England
- Be a minimum of at least 16 years of age
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- Have access to a laptop/tablet to attend the virtual session. A smartphone is accepted but functionality may be limited
- Have access to an environment with limited distractions, conductive to learning
If you have any additional learning needs, please let us know when registering so we can support you
How will it be delivered?
This workshop is a virtual classroom where the tutor provides information and interactive opportunities for delegates to engage. This could include using the chat box, break out room activities or general discussion.
How long is the training?
The session usually lasts for a maximum of 2 hours. Bite-size workshops are also available (1 hour in duration).
How much does it cost?
The cost of this workshop is free.
What are others saying?
“Really excellent, well delivered and content was spot on! Feel like I have gone away more confident and more knowledgeable which isn't always the case with virtual learning”
“Good to be interactive and to have breakout rooms to meet other delegates. Plenty of good ideas to take forward”
When is the next course?
Available dates can be found below. Please register your interest if there are no suitable dates.
Are you looking to run this training for your organisation?
Please visit our training request page to explore how we can deliver and bespoke this training free for your organisation.
Email Clubmatters@sportstructures.com with any questions you may have about Club Matters training courses