Well run community sports organisations are vibrant and sustainable. They provide people with opportunities to have fun, connect with others, develop, and thrive. They make people feel safe and valued. They’re embedded in their neighbourhoods and provide a range of activities and services that meet the current and future needs of their community. They are well organised, plan for their future and are resilient.
What is a Business Plan and what should it cover?
A business plan is a written document that describes your organisation, where it is now, where it wants to be and how it is going to achieve this. It covers your vision and objectives, structure, marketing, workforce, facilities and finances.
Why have a Business Plan?
A business plan helps you to:
- Clarify your purpose, mission, and vision.
- Set clear goals for the future.
- Determine the actions and resources required to achieve your goals.
- Spot potential problems and opportunities.
- Help you to identify where to focus your time and energy.
- Build resilience and support your long-term sustainability.
- Measure and demonstrate your progress and impact.
- Demonstrate to existing and future stakeholders and investors that you have effective management and financial planning.
- Continue meeting the needs of your existing people and partners.
How do I create a Business Plan?
The Club Matters workbook has been designed to support your organisation to develop a business plan. Our templates and guidance talk you through developing the key sections of a business plan and provide financial spreadsheets for you to use. You can access them by clicking the following links; Business Planning Template and Financial Planning Workbooks.
I already have a Business Plan do I need to read this?
If you already have a business plan, that’s great! Even if it’s up to date and working well for you it’s worth checking through our workbook and spreadsheets to make sure you have everything covered.