Find out more
Related learning areas
- Overview of the Health Check Tool
Overview of the Health Check Tool
The Club Matters Health Check Tool is a self-assessment tool designed to support anyone that runs community sports clubs, groups and organisations.
The interactive, and diagnostic, tool is designed to help you to understand your strengths and identify any areas for development to ensure you are providing a safe environment, whilst meeting your legal requirements.
The tool is particularly useful if; you are looking to start a club or organisation, want to check your current processes across five operational areas, or want to identify key areas of development.
Benefits of using the Health Check Tool
- It will get you thinking about how your organisation performs and whether there is any room for development.
- It can help you check that you are providing a safe environment for all and operating in a way that meets your legal requirements.
- It can help you to understand if you are likely to meet the minimum requirements of public funders such as Sport England.
Exploring core operational areas
The tool includes a series of questions, grouped into five key areas, that connect to the learning areas on Club Matters:
- Welfare and Safeguarding.
- Financial Management.
- Workforce (Volunteers and paid staff)
- Facility Development (Hired and leased facilities)
What do I need to know before using the Health Check Tool?
Using the tool is quick and easy and is likely to take around 15 minutes. All users will complete the questions on Governance, Welfare and Safeguarding and Financial Management. The tool also asks some basic filter questions to determine the most appropriate considerations for your organisation regarding your Workforce and Facility Development. You will be given the choice of three answers to most questions, so pick the one that best reflects your position.
Accessing the tool
In order to access the tool you must be logged into a Club Matters account. If you are not signed up, you will prompted to do so when you access the tool below: